Code of Conduct
Thank you for volunteering with Destination ImagiNation, Inc. (DII). We are excited you have given your personal time to assist with running our program, so students learn creativity, teamwork and problem solving.
Our primary participants are teams that consist of young people, and we want to ensure they have the most positive experience while involved in the Destination ImagiNation programs and while showcasing their solutions. As such, we expect our volunteers to conduct themselves in a manner that positively represents our organization. Integrity must underlie all company relationships, including those with teams, customers, suppliers, communities, and among employees or volunteers.
By creating an account at www.texasdi.org, you agree to abide by this Code of Conduct when volunteering with Destination ImagiNation, Inc. (DII);
- I will embrace the spirit of creativity, teamwork and problem solving as the core principles of DII.
- I will uphold the honesty, impartiality, and reputation of DII to prevent any disparagement or defamation to the organization or individuals.
- I know the core principles on which DII does business are mutual respect, fair dealing and open communication. This is the foundation for all of our transactions and interactions.
- I will conduct myself in a professional and sportsmanlike manner during all DII events, refraining from the use of obscene or vulgar language, and will speak to all participants in a respectful manner.
- I will refrain from interacting with any Destination ImagiNation team's Challenge by providing assistance, knowledge or other action that would be deemed as Interference.
- I will adhere to all appraisal, scoring and award procedures as outlined in official documentation and training.
- I will adhere to all safety and security rules, set forth by the Affiliate or Tournament Director, DI staff, and the team Program Materials, for all Tournaments and events.
- I will not use my position to seek personal gain or influence through the inappropriate use of information or abuse of my position.
- I will not engage in any activity that might create a conflict of interest for the company or for me individually.
- I will promptly report any illegal or unethical conduct to the appropriate authorities within DII.
- Retaliation against employees or volunteers who come forward to raise genuine concerns will not be tolerated.
- I understand and will comply with the above Code of Conduct.
By participation in an event by Affiliate, Region or other gathering related to the Destination Imagination program, the participant or participants's parents or participating guardian understands and hereby voluntarily agrees to release, waive, forever discharge, hold harmless, defend and indemnify Destination ImagiNation Inc., and their agents, officers, boards, volunteers, and employees from any and all liability and all claims, actions, or losses for bodily injury, property damage, wrongful death, loss of services, or otherwise which may arise out of the participant's participation in activities related to the Destination ImagiNation event, including travel to and from the event.